Wednesday, October 26, 2011

how is bus journey from christchurch to dunedin?


how is bus journey from christchurch to dunedin?
Unfortunately they discontinued the rail service between Christchurch and Dunedin about 3 years ago. It was more interesting than the road trip. From Christchurch to Oamaru the road is flat and straight as you cross the Canterbury plains and North Otago. Then it gets a bit more hilly. The trip takes about 6 hours. You go through Ashburton (pop. 15000), Timaru (50000), Oamaru (25000) and Hampden (5000). You cross several rivers. Oh yeah, just before you reach Rakaia, 56 km from Christchurch, you cross the second-longest road bridge in the southern hemisphere, after the one that crosses Rio harbour.
how is bus journey from christchurch to dunedin?
For information try this page:

http://www.knightrider.co.nz/

I never been to NZ but friends told me that traveling by bus is very easy

Have a nice day
For information try this page:

http://www.knightrider.co.nz/

I never been to NZ but friends told me that traveling by bus is very easy

Have a nice day
It really depends on what your expecting. It is a very long drawn out trip but there are lots of things to see on the journey. Personally if I was you I drive it myself if I could & take some little side trips along the way. Stopping off at The Moreaki Boulders is something I would suggest & also the penguins at oamaru is worth a look too. You can do these stops & still do the trip in a lot less time than the bus takes.
It is probably the most boring drive in all of New Zealand. I'm not trying to insult that part of New Zealand. I am just so impressed with the rest of the drives around the south island.

The rest of the south island is like driving in a postcard. The drive from Chch to Dunedin is not like that at all. There are nice parts but nothing in comparison to the rest of the island.

No comments:

Post a Comment